Stuffed Cabbage Roles (Grain Free/Dairy Free)
This is a great dish to prepare ahead of time for those busy days when time is rare! There are many versions of this recipe available, this one is just mine! Enjoy!
- 1 medium head of green cabbage
- 1 1/2 pounds of grass fed ground beef
- 1 egg (preferably pasture raised)
- 3/4 cup almond flour
- 3 TBSP garlic powder or 6 cloves of fresh minced garlic
- 1/2 of a medium chopped onion (Any color)
- 1 small can of tomato sauce (try to find one that is not lined with BP-A)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Steam the head of cabbage until the leaves release easily. (Around 10 – 15 minutes)
- While the cabbage is steaming, combine the ground beef, egg, almond flour, chopped onion, garlic, salt and pepper in a large bowl. I combine with my hands, but you can do it however works best for you.
- Once the cabbage head is cooled to the touch, remove the whole leaves one at a time to leave in tact. Lay flat on a cutting board and place a good sized meatball at the leafy end. Roll over once and then tuck in the sides. Finish rolling until reaching the stem. Secure with a toothpick and place in a glass baking dish.
- Cover and bake in 350 degree F oven for 20 minutes.
- Remove from oven and add tomato sauce to the top making sure that all rolls are covered.
- Bake for an additional 5-10 minutes.
**Times may need to be adjusted based on oven variance.