Lemon Butter Cauli-Couscous
This is very similar to the Cauli-rice that is very popular amongst low-carb diets. However, the difference lies in how long you run the cauliflower in the food processor. Run the cauliflower for a wee bit longer than you would to make the rice and viola! You will have a texture of couscous!
Excellent with fish!
- Head Cauliflower
- ½ stick organic butter – preferably grass-fed.
- 2 large lemons
- Curly Parsley
- Chop cauliflower head in to rough chunks. Process cauliflower according to the volume of your food processor. (I ran mine for approximately 30-40 seconds and in 4 batches.)
- In the final batch of cauliflower add in a good-sized handful of parsley and process until well mixed.
- Melt the ½ stick of butter in a large pan and add the cauli-couscous/parsley mix.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste. Stir to mix.
- While that is cooking, zest one of the lemons. Use the whole lemon. Add the zest to the pan and stir.
- Use the juice from both lemons to add in to the mixture.
- Cook until slightly tender and then serve.