Decadent One-Bite Brownies (Grain Free/Dairy Free)
These are amazingly decadent and work well for people who are grain-free and those who are not!
- 2 cups of almond meal
- 3 TBSP coconut flour
- 1 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1 banana (medium ripe to very ripe) I used a large banana so I would recommend using a large one as well.
- 2 eggs (may be substituted with your favorite replacement if you can not tolerate eggs)
- 1/4 cup maple syrup or raw honey (If you are using honey make sure it is liquid and not solid.)
- 1/2 cup coconut crystals (low glycemic sweetener)
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 4 ounces unsweetened dark baking chocolate
- Dash of Cayenne powder
- 1/2 cup semi-sweet dark chocolate chips (optional)
- walnuts (optional)
- dried cranberries (optional)
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees Farenheit
- If you have double boiler, melting the chocolate is a cinch! However, I do not! So here is my little improvisation. I get a large pot and a small pot. Place the chocolate directly in the small pot and fill the large pot 1/2 way with water. Place small pot in to the large pot with water and let the water boil. Stir the chocolate occasionally. Once the chocolate is completely melted, take it off of the heat and let it sit.
- Smash the banana to a puree.
- Combine the almond meal and the liquid coconut oil using an electric mixer on low setting.
- Add in the banana puree and eggs and mix again.
- Add in remaining ingredients (including the melted chocolate) other than any optional ingredients you may choose to add and mix with the electric mixer.
- Allow to stand for 1 minute for the coconut flour to absorb some of the extra moisture.
- Add in any optional ingredients
- Scoop batter in to mini muffin baking sheet. I filled mine to the top, but maybe a little lower would be better.
- Bake for about 10-15 minutes or until the toothpick comes out clean. Allow to cool completely in the baking pan or else you risk them falling apart.
Recipe yields about 40